Nevermore In Our Youth

Called my little brother twice today and so disheartening to know that he’s leaving for 3 months in the Marines Reserve Corp going as a Private First Class, and he’ll be stationed in California, but since he’s in the Reserves, he won’t go from one base to another and I’ll see him again a changed man. A man that had my back for so long and despite our fights; I love him like crazy and even through the heartache, we stayed together despite mom’s tyrannical reign at times. I’ll miss that little twerp so bad but I’ll see him again as most things have meetings, partings, and reunions, and that’s how things are in life with people, things, and even animals. You see in the long run that you’ll meet again somewhere especially with people you love and care about. It’s just partings that always hold the most baggage in life and harder to let go and it’s this time with the tide and attitude of the United States towards other countries is very grim and despairingly in bad condition. But I believe with my heart that things will be alright in the end and that no war will happen even with the terrible things happening around me and others and in different cities in the US. But things will get better; I believe it with my heart, my whole heart.

I guess on the subject of my mother (more on that later) and the fact that everyone has a different persona to present to the world and in this case the term, “Persona” was coined by Carl Jung in a way to explain the different faces that people use in the face of social interaction and thus they are “mask” which is the word it comes from, but in the end, we don’t treat each other the same and it seems we are two faced when in fact it doesn’t exist in the real world. If someone says that they treat everyone the same; they are lying because it isn’t possible because they have insecurities and fears that’s the shadows that people have and no one can in this structured society, treat each other the same.

In Jung’s own words:

The persona is a complicated system of relations between individual consciousness and society, fittingly enough a kind of mask, designed on the one hand to make a definite impression upon others, and, on the other, to conceal the true nature of the individual.

“The Relations between the Ego and the Unconscious” (1928). In CW 7: Two Essays on Analytical Psychology. P.305
Ā
If you wanna know more as it is fairly interesting even if the video is long; it’s quite in depth about Carl Jung’s theories about psychological sense of self.

But what I am getting at this is the fact that my cousin thinks and still does that my mother is great just by being outside of the view of the truth and blaming me for being two faced. I’m not. There’s no such thing as being two faced thanks to psychology and something my own therapist mentioned about it, that it is not wrong at all but normal. Still, I got into a heated argument with her and it ended not so pleasant but don’t worry, I apologized even if she won’t. In the end, just because you see one side doesn’t mean it is all of it and that’s what my cousin needs to realize and accept.

Bought this and Marley has been going crazy over it! Seriously.

Fake plush dog

Posted on August 14th, 2017 in Blog, pictures by Michelle. 9 Comments

Posted on August 14th, 2017, at 6:24 pm by Maroon Caludin.

Aww, sounds like you’ll miss your brother lots! Good luck to him!

I could see my sister’s dog going nuts about that dog too. XD Looks a bit life like!
Maroon Caludin recently posted…Vacation II: The restMy Profile

Posted on August 14th, 2017, at 9:29 pm by Jamie.

Actually, I have to agree with Carl Jung about two-faced people not existing. It’s actually our personalities that could make or break us. If per say a person is liked by one, that person may not be liked by another and it’s based off of first impressions (also thanks to Psychology). It’s always about first impressions in life. Either you’re the nicest person and have bad days, or you’re the coldest person and have colder days. There’s no in between. I think. Correct me if I’m wrong on that?

Anyways, I’m proud of your brother for wanting to join the Marines. They will definitely make him a better person than when he first signed up. He might be a bit immature at times, but in the end, it’s up to him and the Marines as well to determine whether or not he’ll be successful and a changed matured person. I wish him the best.
Jamie recently posted…The Final Goodbye : Short StoryMy Profile

Posted on August 14th, 2017, at 9:34 pm by Lucien.

The plushie dog brings back lots of memories – I like that, only bigger (it was real-sized), when I was a child. I loved it. šŸ™‚

By the way, I posted what is probably my longest post ever – to do the Liebster Award; come take a peak. šŸ˜›

Posted on August 14th, 2017, at 9:35 pm by Lucien.

**I had a plushie like that**

Posted on August 15th, 2017, at 12:50 am by Jamie.

Sorry, but after discussing Carl Jung with Tristan and having taking Psychology myself, I actually have to disagree with Carl Jung and his theory that two-faced people don’t exist. Yes, as a matter of fact they do exist and are everywhere even online. Sorry Michelle. I think Carl Jung has some good theories, but he also has some really whacked theories just like Freud has.
Jamie recently posted…The Final Goodbye : Short StoryMy Profile

Posted on August 16th, 2017, at 6:42 am by Amy.

Good luck to your brother! Hope you’re doing okay with everything that’s going on. That can’t be easy to deal with. And I’m glad you’ve apologised to your mom even if she couldn’t do the same. It’s a shame, but at least you did right.
Amy recently posted…The Liebster Award: Keep Your Sand Away From Me!My Profile

Posted on August 16th, 2017, at 3:59 pm by Sakura.

Thanks for your advice! I decided to go for a simple text to finish my theme in the end.

Posted on August 16th, 2017, at 5:55 pm by Maroon Caludin.

I finally answered your questions for the Liebster award, and nominated you! http://entrial-tales.com/liebster-award-again/

Posted on August 17th, 2017, at 4:00 pm by Claudine.

Hey Michelle! Thanks for nominating me for the Liebster Award! šŸ™‚ I have a few posts scheduled but I swear I’ll get around to doing the Liebster post as soon as I can! The next few weeks will be quite busy T_T

Aww, being apart really sucks but I wish you and your brother all the best! Joining the Marines will really change him, but for the better, I’m sure! <3

OMG, I bought my dog a similar plushie (but a beagle one) and she went nuts XD
Claudine recently posted…Iā€™m moving!My Profile